Monday, April 6, 2009

Good for D-Lowe!!

First of all I am really behind on posting here and my apologies go out to Linda, my one reader.  I am still in need of posting pictures from the Dodger's Caravan, Spring Training, and the World Baseball Classic, and I need to have all of this done before Opening Day!!  
For now I will just comment on the first game of the 2009 season, Braves at the Phillies.  
The clips that they showed on TV from the pregame party stuff made me wish SO bad that I was there.  I was trying to imagine what it will be like at Dodger Stadium, Opening Day 2010, after winning the World Series this year!!  The stadium packed with so much electricity throughout the air.  Raising the championship flag with the world series trophy in the foreground.  Those fans were so excited, that is until the game started.  They were already without their "hot" ace, Cole Hammels, and there were the Braves with their new ace, Derek Lowe.  Now, you know they were all thinking how D Lowe had a 0-3 record in his last 3 opening day starts, but that didn't seem to affect D at all.  After all, there he was standing on the hill in a new uni playing for a new team.  But seriously, how cool of a matchup would Lowe and Hammels have been?  Almost as cool as Hudson v. Hammels!  Which brings me to a little thing that made me sad.  Starting the season with out Huddy.  Actually it is a little more than that.  Knowing that Huddy will be missing the first 4 months of the season if we are lucky.  Sorry, I am babbling, back to the game!  How many HR's did Myers give up? 12?  Ok, I know not that many but it sure did seem like a lot!!  You have to give props to Jordan Shafer for going long in his first major league at bat!!  The best part was watching how giddy he was as he ran around the bases.  Warning, the girly part of me is about to come out!  I started thinking about this boys family, gathered around their TV along with all their relatives and neighbors so excited to see "their boy" up to bat, then he hits it out??  He was only the 99th MLB player to do so.  How awesome is that???   Before I leave my girly place I must say that around the 3rd inning I was really starting to feel bad for Myers.  Kind of a bad time to have your first bad outing of 09.  Of course today is a new day with his bad outing behind him.  
Speaking of today!!!  Today is when the season really begins.  You know, baseball as far as the eye can see!!  I could watch baseball from 10:10 a.m. all the way until about 9:00 p.m. tonight.  There are about 5 or 6 games that I would LOVE to watch but that adds up to 15-18 hours of me sitting in front of the tv I am thinking probably not.  
There are two games that I will watch for sure.  The Yankees to see C.C. make his first start and then of course the Dodgers who are starting this year down in San Diego.  Linda, I hope you have/had a blast down there!!!  
That is all for now and hopefully I will post more tonight!!!

2 comments:

Falling LEAVes said...

it was awesome! makes me wish I could go to our home opener. I can't wait to go to San Diego for the Fourth of July weekend

Falling LEAVes said...

jo!!! and i thought i was bad about posting